The first Friday in the month and time for Five Word Friday. You know what this is about. Describe your life today in five words only and then go on to tell us about it.
My Five words today are – Counting my blessings on Friday
- At the top of my list of blessings is my family and in particular, my daughter.
- When I was in rehab recovering from Traumatic Brain Injury, she came every day and sometimes twice a day to see me.
- The staff said she was the kind of daughter every mother should have.
- My apartment is part of her house but we don’t see each other as often as we did when we lived apart.
- But I know she is always there for me, on the phone or at the top of the stairs.
- When I call her, invariably her answer is ‘what can I do?’ or ‘are you alright?’.
- Sometimes she laughs with her friends at her mother’s doings. She compares moh=thers with one of her colleagues. His mother won’t go down the road without him. Her mother gets on a plane and travels 7,000 kms.
- But always laughing with me, not at me.
- Of course, as with any mother-daughter relationship, there are hiccups along the way. But she is my special blessing and I thank god or the Universe for giving her to me.
- And now, as another Friday flies into Saturday I continue to put her at the top of my list.
JB Friday November 4, 2022